Hello, Glamazons!!! I’m really excited to bring you this list of my Top 5 Must-Have Drugstore Beauty Products! I had tons, and tons to choose from out of my own personal collection, but I really thought about what I use the MOST often, and what is the most helpful to my overall routine. We’ve all been there: Wanting to save money on luxury items, so we go for the more generic brands, but waste even MORE money trying to figure out what works or not from the drugstore. So here it is!
1. Clean & Clear Advantage: 3-in-1 Exfoliating Cleanser: I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! I’m not ashamed to admit that for a year and a half I struggled with adult acne. This might not be your problem (yay for you!), but I have to really take AMAZING care of my skin. There were many factors that helped clear up my unsightly pimples (my cleaner diet, lots more water, the Clarisonic, less stress, etc.), but when I started using this face wash, THAT is when it all turned around! WARNING: This is probably too strong for a lot of skin types out there. I would not use this morning and night to start off. See how you like it. I am personally able to use it every time I was my face, as long as I do a great job with my follow-up moisturizer, but that’s a whole different post. I love it! Thanks Clean & Clear! I really do feel “under control.” 😉 ***BUYING TIP***: I’ve found the freshest supply to be stocked at Target. The shelves run out pretty often, so check back frequently to see if you can find it.
2. Biosilk Silk Therapy: OBSESSED!!!!! No matter how many luxury items I use before blow drying my hair, this will always be my #1 styling product! A little goes a LONG way. Don’t ever put it into your roots unless you want to take a day trip to GREASY CITY! I’ve had hair stylists tell me not to use this because they are pushing their own product line, or people say “It’s so old! My mom used to use that! There’s newer, better stuff out there.” (FYI: If your mom used it, she’s not old!) This classic product is amazing, and keeps my hair protected from the heat, truly SILKY, and soft. I love love love love it. I never blow dry my hair straight without it. BONUS: The beautiful Kyle Richards (RHOBH) uses this on her long, luscious tresses…if it’s great enough for her, it’s great enough for the rest of us! You cannot tempt me with the “latest and greatest” product…so far, nothing is as great as this! LONG-HAIRED GIRLS, REJOICE! This is for you! ***MONEY-SAVING TIP***: They sell this product in a jumbo size at Costco. Worth it.***
3. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes: I wipe off my make up with one of these every night before washing my face. It’s great for taking the “layer” off, so you can really get into those pores. Sleeping with make up on = fast-track to aging. Aging is a beautiful, necessary part of life, and I want to fully embrace it as it comes…but um, let’s all agree: We can do our best to slow it down! Kim Kardashian once said (not an exact quote) that these wipes were a life-saver for her on nights when she’s too tired to wash her face, and just wants to go to bed! ***BUYING/MONEY-SAVING TIP***: These are sold in bulk at Costco, and once in a while if you’re lucky, they will also sell the hard box container with it to keep it fresh. You can find them in drug stores, but it’s more expensive per unit.
4. L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm: THIS IS THE BEST $5-$8 YOU’LL EVER SPEND ON A HAIR PRODUCT. I’ve said that to countless people. I mean it. So many of my girlfriends have appreciated this recommendation. It’s the best hair mask ever, and can actually be used as a replacement to your conditioner. I use this about 2-3 times per week. Long-haired ladies, keep those ends FRESH AND SOFT with this amazing recovery mask. Use it in the shower, just follow the directions on the tub. Love, love, love! Enough said!
5. L’Oreal Youth Code Dark Spot Serum Corrector: After my bout with acne, my olive skin had lots of pigmented little spots that I wanted to clear up…this little $20-something bottle did the trick. No fancy premium creams, no lasers, just this. AMAZING! I use it every day and night before applying my moisturizer. You won’t look like you had a facelift or anything, but it certainly makes the skin tone even, and brighter. I’ve noticed that over a long period of time, this has been the most effective for getting my spots under control. Thank you L’Oreal! This one is a WINNER!!!! Again, this might not be for everyone, but it works amazingly for me.
Target and CVS are GREAT about returning opened beauty products, as long as they aren’t all used up. So if any of these don’t work for you, get your money back! I personally love all 5 of them! Hope you en
If you have other topic requests about what you would like to see on the blog, please send to email@example.com… and of course, follow my daily micro-posts on Instagram @sara_hodge. Your BEST beauty accessory is your SMILE, and your joy from within!